I'll be adding more ideas over the next few days but I wanted to contribute some back to school ideas.
- One idea is the trace your childs hand and your own hand onto cardstock. You'll each decorate the hands and write words of love. Then using a hole punch and some ribbon give the adult hand to the child for their locker, desk, or whatever. You put the childs hand up in your office.
- I like the idea of a visit from the "Backpack Fairy". Children leave their backpacks out overnight and when they awaken their backpacks are full of goodies like school supplies and new books.
- Rise-and-Shine Breakfast: The first week of school all neighbors take turns preparing a neighborhood breakfast for the area kids.
- Meet and Greet Treat party: Throw a party for all the kids who will be in your child's class before the year begins. Have a cupcake buffet at the party. Have every family bring a package of new school supplies to to giveakidabackpack.org
- Start a bookclub for your children and their friends.