*Much of plan based on abcjesuslovesme.com
- Sandpaper number 5: trace number to sandpaper. Cut out the number and glue to green board.
- Sandpaper letter G: trace a capital and lowercase letter onto the back of sandpaper. Cut the letters out and glue them to foam which has been glued to cardboard. Generally, consonants are mounted on pink cards and the vowels on blue ones.
- Play tangram game at http://www.apples4theteacher.com/tangrams.html or http://standards.nctm.org/document/eexamples/chap4/4.4/#applet
- Henry Mattise type collage
- Smell unplugged project
- Make a “G” poster. Paint with green, grey, or gold. Glue on items that start with G.
- Bible Story: 12 Spies in Canaan-Numbers 13-14: Comprehension Questions:
Why were Caleb and Joshua not scared to go back to the Promised Land?
Why were the other spies so scared to go back?
What things frighten you?
What can you do when you get frightened? (sing song, say memory verse, pray)
- Bible Song: God Loves Kids
Tune: “Three Blind Mice”
God loves kids (repeat 4x)
He loves me more than I can know (cross arms over chest, point to self, point to head)
I don’t know why He loves me so (shake head and shrug)
I guess I’ll never, ever know (cross hands in front)
Why God loves kids. (point up for God, cross arms over chest, point to self)
- Handprint tree and then glue on real leaves
- Waldorf Martinmass stuff at http://naturenest.wordpress.com/2009/11/04/martinmas-links-info-lanterns-poems-songs-stories/
- Make a number 5 poster-Number: 5
Put on a hat. Then take a dive. Make a big round tummy. Now that’s a five!
- Fine Motor Skill:Hide little beads in a large piece of Play Doh or putty. Using their index finger, have your child find the beads. Using their thumb is "cheating" and not working the weaker muscles.
- Character education poster-Thankful
- Indian dolls at http://jennwa.blogspot.com/2008/11/indian-dolls.html
- Tune: Farmer in the Dell
G says /g/
G says /g/
God gave them great big grapes
G says /g/
- Put letters of name in order with extra letters added
- Make Leaf people
- Laura Numeroff activities
- Set up Autumn nature table
- Make Thanksgiving Lapbook (See 1+1+1=1)
- Felt turkey pattern sequencing like at Chasing Cherrios
- Felt slippers with a lot of mom’s help like at - http://rayreynolds.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/felt-slippers/