Thursday, September 11, 2008

Music with toddlers

Music Activities With Toddlers

  • Pretend to be different animals
  • Statue - In this activity the children free dance or make
    whatever kind of movements they want. When the music stops, they are supposed to hold still.
  • Shake out the sillies:
    I'm gonna shake, shake, shake my sillies out...
    shake, shake, shake my sillies out
    shake, shake, shake my sillies out
    & turn myself around.
    Repeat verse using these words:
    Wiggle my wiggles out
    Wave my waves out
    Jump my jumpies out...(verse ends with) and sit myself right down.
  • When I say:
    Red.... you put your hands on your head
    Blue...you put your hands on your shoe
    Green...your going to wash your face clean (pretend to wash face)
    Pink....your going to think, think, think (tap pointer finger against
    side of head as if thinking)
    Yellow...your going to wave to a fellow (wave to a friend)
    Purple...make 2 little circles (with both pointer fingers make
    circles in the air)
    Brown....your going to turn yourself around & sit right down!
  • Place large sheets of paper on floor and have children lie down on
    them with outstretched arms and move to music with a cragon in
    their hand, drawing what they hear in the music.
Tomorrow I will be featuring a FANTASIC giveway, make sure and check back!

0 comments: