Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. -Albert Camus
I had already done this post…but sadly didn’t save it in Live Writer, so when my computer froze up…it vanished. So, I can’t say that I’ve spent the same amount of time on this one, but hopefully it still helps to get your family in a fall mood with some activity ideas and helps me to work on doing everything on my list…
- Make caramel corn; Anyone care to share their favorite recipe for this?
Drink a pumpkin-spice latte. You can buy these from Starbucks OR people I just found a recipe for making it at home. Any other fall nuts jumping for joy like I am?See http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/crockpot-pumpkin-spice-latte-recipe.html; Done Go on a hay ride. Done!See Post from last week. Visit a pumpkin patch. Done! See post from last week. Visit a corn maze. Done!See post from last week.
- Boo A Family. Here is a link if you don’t know what that is.
- Make caramel apples
- Pumpkin carving of course. Do you all carve or paint your pumpkins. I’ve been debating which of these Zhana would like to do more.
Make pumpkin rocks: Basically, just paint some rocks orange!Done!
- *Go to an orchard and pick apples. Clicking here will take you to a listing of a nearby apple orchard.
- Pumpkin pancakes at IHOP or make my own using this recipe.
*Buy gourds to paint. There is A LOT of information about painting gourds for birdhouses here.
*Watch Charlie Brown It’s the Great Pumpkin. I haven’t found when it is on yet this year. If anyone knows, please let me know.
Watch 2 scary movies a week starting the first week of October. Anyone know of any good new releases? Your favorite horror movie?Done!
- Make pumpkin poop for friends. See
- Go to Spooktacular. Check and see if your local zoo has any special events going on for Halloween.
Go on a woodland walk. During this time, collect acorns for crafts. There are SO many cute crafts to do with acorn caps.BTW, I found this site that tells about the fall foliage state by state. Done!
- For a year now, I’ve wanted to learn felting. Make some fall felted projects.
- Do a color themed picture scavenger hunt-looking for colors of red, brown, orange, yellow
- Make a velvet pumpkin (see tutorial at http://gingerbreadcrumbsandcompany.blogspot.com/2009/09/pumpkin-tutorialwell-sort-of.html)
- Make a Halloween Garland; I like the tutorial Make and Takes has at http://www.makeandtakes.com/mod-podge-halloween-banner or Roots and Wings: http://rootsandwingsco.blogspot.com/2009/09/fall-pumpkin-and-leaf-garland.html
Find a fabulous apple pie recipe. I’d love all of your apple pie recipes or favorite fall foods. I might try this one here . Done.
- Play Bobbing for Apples as a family
- Go to a football game.
- Make a fall themed scrabble necklace.
- Have pumpkin shake or concrete
Find fabulous soup recipes.Again- would LOVE recommendations. Done!
- Taking a thermos or cocoa and cider and drinking it in the middle of the forest.
Find a wonderful sweater in fall colors that will make me smile when I drag it out year after year. Not just a sweater. A special sweater that screams autumn.Done!
Seriously, you guys if Autumn was a drug, I’d be an addict. I’m basically in love with the season. When I sense fall is near, I can almost feel in physically! I become so very, very happy. I want to soak up every second of it. If you all have more ideas-please send them my way! I’ll love you for it!