Sunday, January 24, 2010

If You Love Me You Will Obey What I Command

  • Bible Verse: John 14:15-If you love me, you will obey what I command.  To learn this, we sang the song shown in the video below.  Yes, that is a pancake mold.  When she heard the word ‘love’ she ran to the kitchen and found it because it is a heart shape, to go along with the song….. 

If you love me, If you love me,

You will obey

what I command

John 14:15

John 14:15

You will obey

what I command

Bible Song: Fishers of Men (Traditional)

The second song we sang was “Fishers of Men”.  Below is a youtube video that has the tune and a few of the words…

I will make you fishers of men, fishers of men, fishers of men (pretend to cast fishing pole)

I will make you fishers of men if you follow me (move hand over opposite shoulder)

If you follow me, if you follow me

I will make you fishers of men if you follow me.

Hear Christ calling “Come unto me”, “Come unto me”, “Come unto me” (Listen to ear, move hand over opposite shoulder)

Hear Christ calling “Come unto me. I will give you rest” (put hands to ear and “sleep”)

I will give you rest, I will give you rest.

Hear Christ calling “come unto me. I will give you rest”

Read you Bible, pray every day, pray every day, pray every day (make book, prayer hands)

Read you Bible, pray every day, then you’ll grow, grow, grow  (bend down and get taller)

Then you’ll grow, grow, grow. Then you’ll grow, grow, grow

Read you Bible, pray every day, then you’ll grow, grow, grow.

Neglect your bible, forget to pray, forget to pray, forget to pray

(make a book, prayer hands and shake head ‘no’)

Neglect your Bible, forget to pray then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink (stand tall and “shrink down)

Then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink. Then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink.

Neglect your Bible, forget to pray, Then you’ll shrink, shrink, shrink.

Fishing For Letters

To go along with the fishing theme, we played fishing for letters.  I have a longer post about how to make and play this game here

Ideas from abcjesuslovesme.com

1 comments:

DJ said...

I wanted to teach my dd John 14:15 and came acrossed your blog and the easy song! Thank you very much!