Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Twister, Spatial Learning, and Manners

Gross Motor:

  • We played Twister (we have hop scotch twister game if it looks strange, lol).  jan2009 007

 jan2009 012  Reading:

  • Letter N: Draw a line down and then add one hump.
    • Tune: “Farmer in the Dell”
      1. N says /n/        N says /n/   12 were the number of men N says /n/
    • Traced letter in name with finger.

Math:

  • Number 9: Make a hoop and then a line, That’s the way to make a 9. 
  • Focused on high, low, up, down, above, below, near, far
    • Sang the I’m in right, outright, upright, downright song

        Happy All The Time
        --Unknown
        I'm in-right, out-right, up-right, down-right
        happy all the time.
        I'm in-right, out-right, up-right, down-right
        happy all the time.
        Since Jesus Christ came in
        and cleansed my heart from sin,
        I'm in-right, out-right, up-right, down-right
        happy all the time

      • "in-right" -- point to chest
      • "out-right" -- point out
      • "up-right" -- point up
      • "down-right" -- point down
      • "happy" -- put fingers on either side of mouth and pull up into a smile
      • "Jesus Christ" -- raise hands and look up toward Heaven
      • "came in" -- point to chest with both hands
      • "cleansed" -- use hand to "wash" chest
  • We played a game where I gave my daughter a scarf and she’d either wave it up high or down low depending on what I said.  Scarf play always makes learning more fun!
  • Played a game where I hid a toy and she had to try and find it based on clues “higher, lower, near, or far”. 
  • Pattern blocks: Need some without buying?Here is a link to some great ones.

Manners Work:

So, uh…you should look at some of my old posts bragging about my daughter’s manners.  I was so proud that she said thank you, your welcome, and excuse me so early.  Why did no one tell me what happens to a 3 1/2 year old child’s manners,lol? She really likes to talk about body functions…I’d love some advice on how to get her off this topic.  Seriously, I am down on my knees begging…for real,lol.  She talks about body functions at least every hour, 30 minutes, 20 minutes, 10 minutes.  I never thought I’d use the word “fart” on my blog but I’m just going to do it.  If it was a cute word it wouldn’t be so bad…but it isn’t.   For the time being, I don’t want to take her anywhere!!! I have started using the manners song more.  It is by Cathy Bollinger.  To order the song click here

What do you say when you need drink?
Please, may I?
What do you say when I've poured your milk?
Thank you very much.
What do you say when you don't want seconds?
No, thank you.
And when you've finished eating you say?
May I be excused?
Chorus:
We're talking 'bout manners, nice manners,
Manners make you feel good
Manners, nice manners.
Manners make you feel so good,
They make you feel so good.
They make you feel so good.
What do you say if you bump someone?
Excuse me.
What do you do if you have to sneeze?
Use a tissue please.
What do you say if I say thank you?
You're welcome.
And if you've got a mouthful of food?
Don't talk with your mouth full.
Chorus
What if I'm talking to someone else and you've got something to say?
You say "Excuse me."

I hope everyone is having a great day!

0 comments: