Tomorrow, I’ll be back with a post on our Earth Day activities but in case you don’t have a lot of time and need a few quick ideas here are some simple ways to celebrate Earth Day with your little ones.
- On the Disney channel you can watch some Earth Day related programs. However, I HIGHLY encourage you actually get outside and enjoy this beautiful world and not let television be your only celebration of Earth Day.
- Storytime and More blog has an activity where you cut up green and blue pieces of construction paper to put on a picture of Earth. Click here to read more about it.
- Help your little one plant some seeds.
- Make a coffee filter Earth like here on the A Mommy’s
- Make a paper plate Earth like here at Just for Fun.
- Make recycled crafts. Make and Takes has links to several. We will be doing the plastic bag parachutes.
- here are some Earth Day coloring pages.
- Hands of the Earth craft as found here.
- We will be painting tin can herb pots as described here.
- Go on a trash pick up walk.
My advice is to leave out abstract concepts and go for spending time in nature or keeping trash picked up. I doubt they are going to understand the concept of recycling and etc. I will mostly be concentrating on talking about how beautiful outside is and how we must always keep our trash picked up, so that the Earth doesn’t get sick.