Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wonderful Website for Learning Songs

I was reading one of the hundreds of blogs I have to catch up on when I found out about a great site I just had to share! The  Izzie, Mac, and Me blog mentions the fabulous Songs for Teaching website. I like it so much that I had to post about it at 12:38 am.  It looks like a fantastic site with song themes such as mathematics, science songs, social studies, and more! They let you listen to the songs and have the lyrics.  Here is an example of a song about manners-

What do you say when you need drink?
Please, may I?
What do you say when I've poured your milk?
Thank you very much.
What do you say when you don't want seconds?
No, thank you.
And when you've finished eating you say?
May I be excused?
Chorus:
We're talking 'bout manners, nice manners,
Manners make you feel good
Manners, nice manners.
Manners make you feel so good,
They make you feel so good.
They make you feel so good.
What do you say if you bump someone?
Excuse me.
What do you do if you have to sneeze?
Use a tissue please.
What do you say if I say thank you?
You're welcome.
And if you've got a mouthful of food?
Don't talk with your mouth full.
Chorus
What if I'm talking to someone else and you've got something to say?
You say "Excuse me

0 comments: